Picture taken Monday, March 25th...we have gotten over two feet of snow in the past few days. Time to dig out dog houses again.
Amber peeking out to say good morning. She is a "house girl" and is back in her house watching the snow fall.
Otter checking things out. He is my "Whoo Whoo Dog"...always talking with me. We had quite the conversation this morning.
Red's house is right outside the dining room slider. He greets me each and every morning and also in the evening. He doesn't carry on a conversation with me like Otter, but he will run around his house and give me a bark at each time he passes by me. Often, I am known to bark back at him.
We didn't run a team today, but tomorrow we are planning on running out to the turn around...just a 4 mile run. This evening Bob is going to run the snow machine out to the turnaround and back.
Hoping for no moose. We heard that our neighbor Joar had a moose encounter and was very lucky. The moose chased him and he said that he was close enough to touch him. Yuck!

wow, what strange weather this year. There are flurriea here in atlanta, GA this morning. Mother nature is screwed up!
ReplyDeletecrazy! Hey Amy...just wanted you to know that we enjoyed lunch and breakfast at the Polar Cub in Nome with our "Splurge money". Thank you so much!
DeleteGreat! Exactly what it was meant for.
DeleteWhere oh where was that snow a month ago before the race??? I can't believe how different the dog yard looks with all that snow! I am sure the dogs love to get more runs with the fresh snow. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteyou know...every year up here training the weather has been so very different. You really just don't know what to expect! All this new snow makes it hard for me to head back to Washington, but I dad is so excited that I will soon be there. We have lots planned for this summer. First thing will be a trip for him to Ocean Shores and then a weekend at the cabin. It has been tough for him since he lost his driving. I will be there and be his "wheels".
DeleteI will be taking out two teams today...a short run, but the dogs will love it.
Fun to read about your morning routine with the dogs! Weather here is turning sunny so it's crazy to see so much snow your way. My sister-in-law sent me an Alaska magazine with Iditarod articles. Imagine my surprise when I saw Bob's name mentioned in one of the articles! Hope all is well with you and Bob. Looking forward to seeing you later this year. (I'll be out for shoulder surgery for a few weeks, but will stay in touch.)
ReplyDelete