![]() |
| Cindy on the runners just before the start of Iditarod 2012 |
What I really really enjoyed was reading all of the involvement that the school kids have had. It is so awesome! I am looking forward to many school visits when I return to Washington State. As of now, Bob and I will be also be traveling to Iowa (his home town) for school visits.
http://edmondsbeacon.villagesoup.com/p/students-follow-iditarod-to-learn-real-life-lessons/975132
I came home pretty disappointed in not being able to finish my Iditarod. What touched me deeply was the outpouring of support shown me from friends and supporters, many who I have never met. Many encouraging me to run again in 2014. Many confirming their intent to sponsor my team if I run in 2014. Thank you all for being there for me. It is a huge commitment, I will let you know as soon as I have things figured out. It will involve some major fundraising and I would welcome ideas and help from anyone willing to help me pull this off one more year.
I came home to a full mail box of letters from students from all across the U.S. I will be answering everyone of them.
Stay tuned to hear of my experience chugging fish oil....UGH!!!

We loved following you Jan (as you can see from the Beacon article) and I agree, Cindy K. did an awesome job with your blog. It was nice to have a post to show my students almost every day! Have a great time in Iowa! We really hope you decide to do the Iditarod again. And whether it's next year or another year in the future, I will still likely have a group of 5th graders cheering you on. We will keep checking back for updates!
ReplyDeleteHannah Peterson
Hannah (and other teachers):
ReplyDeleteWould you consider having your students sponsor a checkpoint, or booties for a checkpoint, or kibble for a checkpoint, etc - save cans/bottles, have a bake sale, car wash or whatever the kids come up with - to help Jan?
Just a thought...
We could surely try for that! I know my current group of kids is all excited about the Iditarod (and Jan trying it again) and even if it next year's group, we'll be doing the same Iditarod unit. Hopefully that will bring the same excitement! We'd love to see her go for it again. Just keep us posted on the fundraising ventures and we'll see what we can do.
ReplyDeleteHannah : )