Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

As the race goes on, let's check in with the students at St. Matthews

Jan Steves and Nancy Edward, Iditarod 2013
 
















Nancy Edwards is a teacher-librarian at St. Matthew School in Seattle. She had the privilege of traveling to Alaska to participate in the activities and seminars provided to educators about teaching everything from something - the Iditarod. Here is what she has to say:


Thought I'd send you some info about our class's work on the Iditarod. All the students are following different mushers plus Jan. We keep track of Jan on our trail map. Students come to the library as frequently as possible to check out the GPS standings of our mushers. I've attached some pictures of the kids working on their musher standings.



 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool St. Matthews! We love how you featured Jan's dogs. Nice work!

    Mrs. Peterson's 5th Grade Class at Meridian Park

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I love to see is the enthusiasm and interest in the kids. When I visit the classrooms, they are so engaged and eyes are alive with interest. I love the smiles and eagerness.

    ReplyDelete