I received a call late last night...actually woke me up. I was told that the dogs were moved into a heated building. Wow, for them to do that it must really be nasty there in Unalakleet. When I left Unalakleet yesterday, it was blowing something fierce. My heart went out to the dogs.
I am still waiting to hear when the dogs will start arriving in Anchorage. I am so hoping that they get out today.
I will head down to Nac to help transport dogs to the Mellenium when I hear of a flight coming in.
Friday, March 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jan - One of the things my class discussed a lot was the dogs and the conditions up in Alaska. We talked about how the dogs can sleep right out in the snow because of their thick coats and how they are breeds that are naturally able to withstand rough conditions. On the other side, we talked about how mushers treat their dogs like family and how well they get cared for during the race. We like how your dogs get to be safe in a heated building while they wait to be reunited with you. We were worried about the cold and wind up there. Thanks for the update! Hope you get to see them soon!
ReplyDeleteMrs. Peterson's Class