Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

WE'RE TALKING IDITAROD 2014....

While at lunch with Bob today at the Polar Cub, I discussed running Iditarod again next year.   Coming back to Myra's, I logged on to the computer and have received many encouraging emails for me to run again.  

Well, let me know if there are any sponsors out there...for 2014.   Crazy, I know, crazy.  

I already called my friend Angie about her dogs(while at the Polar Cup).  Can't believe that I am even thinking this way.  I guess I am just a glutton for punishment.   LOL  definition:  someone who seems to like working hard or doing things that most people would find unpleansant.    

As I look at my still swollen hands with healing cuts and splits, feel my toes that have no feeling, I marvel at what it is that comes from within to even consider running again.  



 


9 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, take some time to think about it as there isn't any need to make a decision right now (at least let your hands heal!).

    If you decide that it is the right thing to do for you then I would love to provide what sponsorship I can.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is okay to dream! Even if it seems crazy now you have time to sort out your thoughts before you have to make a decision. - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, Jan, I think it's kind of a no brainer. I have a fund-raising idea, sort of, maybe, I think. Maybe a new career for you. Can't wait to see you when you're down here visiting schools. CindyK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Cindy, One of the best parts of running next year if it works out will be having you a part of the start again! Sure missed you this year. But great knowing that you were there in spirit. I can't wait to hear of your fundraising ideas....

      Delete
  4. Jan, Count me in for a sponsorship commitment. I just dont see your dream ending in a withdraw that wasnt intended. I live my own dream here that drains my bank acount but if it is a dream meant to be, the money will always be there.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy...you have been so awesome to us. I will tell you, I looked forward to my snack bags and the messages were wonderful. I appreciate all that you did and thank you for committing to sponsor me again next year if I run.

      Delete
  5. Hi Jan - take your time and pray about your decision, and if you do decide to run the 2014 Iditarod, count me in for a sponsorship. I would also be willing to donate a new homemade quilt as a fundraiser prize or raffle - it sounds like CindyK has an idea......
    My husband & I just started a "learn to run" class and you and the dogs are our inspiration - I'm going for the Red Lantern!!
    Jodie Matte-Essex, Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jodie, thank you for your message and your willingness to be a sponsor and to donate a homemade quilt. Perhaps if I can harness your guys into a team, we can do the necessary fundraising to make it happen. I would like to know more about your "learn to run" class.

    ReplyDelete