Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

THE JOYS OF "PLUG-INS"


Friday was an afternoon in Anchorage.  Picked up 2,300 medium dog booties.  That will give me a start on powdering and bundling boots.  I will have to take an inventory on the booties leftover from last year and then place my final order. 

Kind of funny...I just bought a vacuum cleaner and it was a big event.  Couldn't wait to give it a whirl...comes with a pet hair power brush.  Complete with a hepa filter and a sealed system...great for someone with Asthma and a dust mite allergy (me).

We now have music !  This last trip back and forth on Alaska Airlines I brought with me, everything but the kitchen sink (it wouldn't fit in my bag).   We now have a little stereo.  Hmm, programmable coffee pot, crock pot, food saver machine, vacuum and stereo...oh, also Christmas lights.  Electricity is so nice.  This last time coming through security they had to hand search my red carry on and also run it through the X Ray machine twice (must have been the stereo). 
We each ran one team today.  I had a fabulous run.   I had Daisy and Magic in lead, followed by Circus and Arnie.  Then came Chad and Otter, Keven and Petunia, and Spot and Roan.  We did a beautiful over taking pass.  They cruised right on by. 

A big Hello to the Duvall kids and also St. Matthew kids. 


Math question for you:  I just bought 2,300 booties.  They all need to be powered.  Then I bundle them.  A bundle is 4 booties that you Velcro together.  How many bundles can I make?



3 comments:

  1. Jan,Sounds like quite a vacuum cleaner! Kids say hello. They are learning about Washington and Alaska right now to practice using reference resources. I'll pass on the math problem. :-)

    Looking forward to hearing more about your preparations. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan!

    Thanks for the "shout out" to the kids! They loved it! And they want you to know they figured out the math problem. Ikaika was the first one to come up with the answer.

    While we are getting the normal rain here, we are thinking about how COLD it is there. "Brr" is right! We're thinking of you! Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Julie. Way to go Ikaika. This morning the temperature was - 8 degrees. A bit cccolder.

      Delete