Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

-15 to 26 degrees

Woke up and it was the usual...-15 degrees cold.  Watered and scooped the kennel. 

Then Bob and I got busy.  Worked in the back room organizing.  Went through all of the boxes and bins from last year.  Sorted through the hand, foot and toe warmers and boxed by expiration date (so that we use the oldest first).   I have a better idea of our "Iditarod leftovers".    Found all of the fox tails and will go through and fix the broken ones. 

We added another shelf to our kitchen.  It is so nice to have more shelving.  When in town, I picked up wire shelf racks so that we could stack dishes.  We moved the microwave up on the lower shelf, freeing up some counter space.  Yea!  Love the new light for the kitchen...lol, now I can see if the dishes are clean when I wash them!  Added more cup hooks and have items hanging within reach. 

I headed to Wasilla and the winds were gusting to 80 MPH.  A big semi almost lost it's trailer...I thought that it was going over.   While at the gas station, I only filled up half way.  For safety, I wanted to get out of there.   When opening my car door, I would have to fight to hold onto it.  While at Lowe's they told me that they were not letting any shopping carts out the door.   I pulled up to the door and they loaded my car.  With the winds, the temps were in the mid twenties.  Back in Willow there were no winds and I was back to freezing temperatures. 

Bought 10 more ice cube trays and have been freezing trays of RedPaw Fat Blend for the dogs.  I now have 4 gallon zip lock bags full.  Picked up 4 outdoor garbage cans.   They will be used for storing cut up dog meat.  Bought the lumber for a shelving unit for in the hallway. 

Stopped off at the Iditarod headquarters and picked up Drop Bags for Bob, Angie and me.  Also picked up copies of all of the paperwork that we have to have for the the dogs and the mushers. 

We put the washed sled bags back on our sleds and have them rigged up for when we switch to sleds.

Enjoyed a pizza for dinner and played two rounds of Farkle.   A great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment