Getting ready to cut up frozen salmon for the dogs.
It is - 13 degrees out and rather cold. I am wearing a garbage sack to keep my clothes from becoming spattered with fish powder.
After cutting up the fish, I bag the pieces into ziplock bags ready for snacking the dogs on the trail.
I also bag a bunch of cut up salmon in empty dog food bags. This way we have plenty of cut up salmon to snck the dogs when we get back from training runs.
A dog food bag full of fish heads and tails. Yum ! At least the dogs think so!
I save all of the "fish powder" that you get from using the chop saw cutting the fish up. We will add it to the dog's water and food. We try not to waste anything.
I have over 200 salmon to cut up and bag...not to mention the tons of assorted meats for the dogs.
Appreciate seeing the process ... and saving fish powder ... ingenious.
ReplyDelete