Ready to unload and run our team.
Well, it took a while to get going this morning. When you truck, you have to make sure that you have everything. I went over my check list and was good to go. I had to take with me my quick release, my front end stake out, harnesses, towline, shovel, poop bucket, water bucket, ladle, water bowls, parka, extra mitts, hat, cell phones.
A truck driver stopped and I talked with him and asked him to tell the other loggers that there would be dog teams on the road. There are a couple of blind hills that make me a bit nervous of fast oncoming logging trucks. We had a great run and didn't see the logging trucks until we were back at our dog truck at the end of the run.
The turnaround at the end of the trail was terrible. It is a trail through the woods off the road and then it has a loop that brings us back to the road. It was so rutty and full of roots. A couple of times I was worried that I might roll my 4 wheeler. It was like riding a bronco buck. It was easier on the way back out than on the way in. I was just glad to get back to the road.
The road was a great training run with hills to go up and down and up and down and down and up. The only negative thing is knowing that you have to face the turnaround at the end of the road.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment