Well, you know the routine....woke up, put the coffee on, watered dogs, then scooped the kennel. Came in and had breakfast. I then went to a local church and helped with the Thanksgiving Dinner Food Distribution. It was - 10 degrees this morning. I thought that I would be working inside at the church, so I left with blue jeans on (no long johns), snow boots that are for mild temps, (even brought my slippers to change in to.) Thankfully I packed a hat and a pair of wool mittens. My job was to bag frozen turkeys and pass them out. I borrowed a pair of gloves and worked with the frozen foods that were outside in a tent. I went in periodically to warm up. Then it was home to the kennel.
 |
| Kennel size bottle of Pyrantel Pamoate |
It was worming time for the dogs...armed with a syringe and a small bottle of Pyrantel Pamoate in my pocket to keep from freezing, I gave each dog their appropriate dose, determined by their weight. I knew that Jimmy would be an issue. Most of the dogs swallowed it right down, some easier than others. I tried to persuade Jimmy to take his wormer, but I knew that it would be a real struggle. For him, it isn't worth the trauma. I will give him his in his food.
Spent the late afternoon on consumers report checking out snow blowers and their ratings. Then called all over Wasilla figuring out who carried the top rated snow blowers. I had totally forgotten that the truck and trailer doesn't have tail lights and by now it was dark. We measured the Subaru hatch opening and called the store and had them measure the snow blower. We were a half in shy of the needed opening to make it fit. Bummer. So we will have to fit that in our schedule on another day.
I then decided to put up more meal packs for Iditarod and races. Did peas, mixed berries, bacon, and sausages. I have sure been giving that Foodsaver machine a workout !
I respect your local community connection. The visual of frozen turkeys outside in freezing weather somehow tickles me.
ReplyDeleteLove reading your blog. I watch several mushers blogs eachday. Can someone tell me of more that they know of if there are any? I watch Zoya, Karen Ramsteed, SP Kennel, Dew Claw kennel, Angie Taggart.
ReplyDeleteHi Jan, thought that I would get caught up on your blog. Wow, you have been busy! Glad that the Foodsaver is working like a "dog" for you. Say hi to Bob and give him and yourself a hug from me.
ReplyDeleteKathleen Nelson