Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Woke up this morning and it was -8 degrees.   Monday, when running my first team I came to the realization that I wasn't dressed warm enough.  I had cold hands and feet.  Not fun.  By the time I hooked up the second team, it had warmed up a bit and I was ok.   Time to start using the hand warmers and toe warmers.  I think that you go through an acclimation process, because I was thinking about - 50 and I shuddered.   I must still be adjusting to the colder temps.  Both runs were great.  Getting ready to bump up the mileage. 


Yesterday was a day in town.  We picked up two freezers for storing our dog meat and salmon.  Again, plug ins are great!  Then we checked out some storage sheds.  Trying to get things a bit more organized here at the home front.   That will make an easier training year and an easier prep time for Iditarod.  Picked up two 90 pound bales of straw for the dogs.  With the temps in the single digits they will love the added straw. 

I am picking up a new leader today.  He sounds like a real sweetheart.  We will see how it goes.  His name is LeBlanc. 

Well, it is evening and we had a great day.   We had our kennel inspected earlier and everything was in order and we now have our updated license.  After that we took out a team.  I ran LeBlanc and he did a great job in swing.  He is a really nice trotter....a little shy, but very sweet.  We had a wonderful run.  When we were heading back to the kennel the alpen glow on Denali was magnificent. 

We fed dogs and strawed the houses and the dogs are very content and happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment