Well, today I tried to cut my finger off...We were just getting ready for a run. I had bought a reindeer hide to make a wee wee protector for Ford. I was using my sewing scissors incorrectly and sliced my finger. I was so surprised at how sharp they were. OH MY, DID IT EVER BLEED. Slight delay in our day...unexpected drip to the clinic. The Dr. said it was good that the scissor were sharp because it made a clean cut. She was going to put in two stitches, but after we discussed that I work with dogs daily and it was very important to not get my finger infected. She opted to use surgical glue and glue the cut together and then she glued steri strips all across it. She felt that it would reduce the risk of infection and be easier to keep it clean until it heals.
Got back home and the only way that my finger could fit in a pair of gloves was to cut the pointer finger off it. I will have to take a pic of it tomorrow. My hand still fit in my over mitts so that was good. Needless to say, my finger throbbed most of the run. I hope that I can sleep tonight and that it feels much better in the morning.
Our run was beautiful today and because of our delayed start we got to enjoy a beautiful sunset on the trail.
Friday, November 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jan, been a while since I checked out your blog. Thought I better see how things are coming along with you and your dogs. Looks like winter has settled in there. We still are enjoying mild weather here. Sure caught up on the rain after having such a dry summer though. My dogs would be in heaven if they were given salmon treats like yours. Tiquana wound up going lame about a month ago. He unfortunately has not gotten any better. Took him in to the vet last week. He has a torn ACL. He goes to the specialist on Monday to make sure his hips are healthy and that he is safe to be put under. If all checks out his surgery will be on Tuesday morning. I am a little worried as he turned ten in July and he is a big dog.He is miserable watching the other kids get to go for walks and hikes. So hopefully in about two months he will be able to get out again. Bummer you had to cut you finger. I know from the past that all it takes is just not paying attention for a second and bad things happen. Good reminder. I did something similar. Was using a filet knife for something it was not intended for. End result almost cut my thumb off. After 6000 dollars worth of surgery they put it back together. Still does not work as well as it used to. This happened about twenty years ago. Glad to see that things are progressing for you. Look forward to following your blog and the race. Have a good one. Jeff and the monster dogs.
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear from you Jeff. So sorryabout Tiquana. I hope that he checks out well and can have that surgery and that he can have fun with the other kids. You sure have a happy bunch.
ReplyDeleteFinger is surviving and is much happier today than yesterday. Mine was nothing compared to your mishap...
Take care Jeff...good to see you on the blog!