Well, we had a change of plans and we ended up at Hatcher Pass for our training run today. It is much safer than Shirley Towne where the logging trucks were traveling so fast and with the blind hills. It was a longer drive to get there, but I took advantage of that time to unbundle booties and get them ready to powder. I did 300 of them on the drive. As always, with trucking it makes for a longer day. The dogs seem to like it and I am sure that they enjoyed the change of scenery. It is really beautiful up on Hatcher Pass and I love how Willow Creek freezes up like a work of art.
After arriving home, we put the dogs back to their houses and then it was time to feed them and then the mushers. I cooked up lasagna and spinach and cheese raviolis and put up 12 Iditarod dinners.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love your blogging Jan! I'm already starting to get Idita-excitement down here in tropical Massachussetts.
ReplyDeleteThanks--That's great to hear. Thanks for commenting. Sometimes I wonder just how many people are following the blog. Have you ever been to the start?
DeleteOk with all of these meals you have prepared, just how long do you plan to spend on the trail? ;) leading me to a question. We know the dogs take in over 10,000 calories a day. How many calories does the handler take in in a day on the trail.
ReplyDeleteAmy
LOL...it seems like a lot of meals...in addition to our Iditarod meals, we need to have meals ready for other races as well. We also need to have meals ready for camping trips with the dogs. Keep in mind, I am preparing for two mushers and that is a lot of preparation. Just a guess...5,000 cals a day???
Delete