Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

-15 DEGREES AND HEADING TO THE PASS

A beautiful day, but cold.  
 
Well, we had a great run up on the pass.  It was a bit cold.  I changed gear and wore my Wiggies bibs, and put on the Neos over top of my tennies.   I wore the Neos and tennis shoes for the better part of the race last year.  I will say that I had my shoes loaded with toe and foot warmers and a hand warmer atop of the toes, under a second wool sock that fit over the toes of the shoe.  Today I just wore the tennies and Neos, no warmers.    It is the time to experiment with what keeps me warm at what temperatures.   After the run I decided that chemical warmers would have been nice.  Next run at these temperatures, I will go back to the added toe sock and warmers.  Believe it or not, I do like warmth!   
 
There is a hairpin switch back on the way up Hatcher Pass.   It is no big deal on the way up, but on the way down it is a bit hairy.   Someone cut it really tight and my dogs this run also did the same, following their path.  It was my worst time around that turn.  I have been able to in the past "gee" my dogs out and around the turn, without going into the ditch.  This time we were in the ditch.  Joy for joy.   
LeBlanc and Arnie in lead


2 comments: