Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Willow Creek

WILLOW CREEK

Well, pretty depressing....this is the creek that we were crossing on each of our runs.  It takes us to a wonderful trail system and also out to the River.  There will be no crossing this creek for a while.  


This is my walkway to the sliding door to the house.   My dog lot is on the other side of the walkway.  Each foot print is about 6 - 8 inches deep and full of water.  Delightful...


This is what it looks like from our street looking into the property.  We had all of the slush plowed and pushed out to the road across the street.  

THE BRIGHTER SIDE OF TODAY...


I went to the post office and picked up an armful of packages.  My friend Ricky from Colorado sent me a wonderful care package.  He makes the best elk jerky ever.  I repacked it (see above picture) in smaller pouches so that I could send it out in my food drops along the trail.  In addition to the jerky he sent homemade fudge, and homemade cookies.  The fudge got cut up into small pieces and put in sandwich bags and those too will be added to food drops.   Thank you Ricky!

Been working on sorting and washing training booties.  I am amazed at how many booties that I have come up with.   Kind of nice to have them all sorted out and to know what we have.  


2 comments:

  1. Bad rain, bad rain! So sorry to hear about the poor weather conditions....I know it does NOT help with training. Hang in there....snow will come and you and your pups will be moving again. I enjoy reading about your daily tasks in getting ready for the Iditarod. Keep it up! Looking forward to helping you at the start! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Bad Rain, bad rain! We got our snow...now we just need our creek crossing to freeze back up. We are both looking forward to meeting you and for your help at the start! Thanks so much, Julie!

    ReplyDelete