Well, dogs were getting ready for a run. I wasn't. I was watching. I kept going to the window and peering out. Watched as all the dogs were brought to the stake out chain. Watched as they were booted up. Then watched them get hooked to the tow line. Watched LeBlanc in his excitement start to chew on the tow line. Mary was right there telling him no. He stopped. Betty was jumping straight up in the air. Chad, Krakatoa, Red, Jimmy and Arnie were all barking, ready to go. Then away went my red sled, without me.
The left behinds started a mournful howl as their teammates left on the run. I joined them with a mournful howl, however grateful that Mary was there to run my dogs. Then it got eerie quiet.
I puttered around the house, did my exercises. Worked on this and that. Then decided to out and visit with the dogs who were left behind. They are such sweethearts. I was greeted with warm nuzzles and kisses. I sat on top of each dog house for a while and talked with them and scratched behind their ears and gave belly rubs.
Then it was back to the house. At about 4 the teams came back in. They had a great run. Dogs worked hard breaking trail. They will have a day off tomorrow.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment