Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

SUN MOUNTAIN LODGE, WINTHROP, WASHINGTON


I am currently in Winthrop, Washington, staying at the beautiful Sun Mountain Lodge.  Last evening I hat a hot rock massage.  Thought that I had died and gone to heaven.  This evening I am the dinner speaker.

Topic is "The Dream, The Journey...Iditarod 2012!"

Update:  presentation went well.  Wonderful group of people.



Heading down the mountain...Beautiful day!

5 comments:

  1. Jan,
    I love Sun Mountain Lodge! It's one of my favorite places to visit.

    I've got good news and bad news. The good news: I received a grant to attend the Iditarod Teachers' Workshop. Bad news: I'm seeing doctor on Monday to determine if I'll need surgery on my left shoulder/humerus. Apparently the bone is dying as a result of the fracture I sustained 2 years ago. At that time the doctor put a plate with 12 screws to repair the fracture, but in the time since I've been experiencing increased pain. Last week the dr. took x-rays and said it looked like the bone is dying. So I am hoping that any surgery won't interfere with my attending the workshop!!! I'll keep you posted.
    Enjoy your weekend.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...I like to good news...but hope the best for you on your left arm. That is a real bummer.

    It is so very beautiful here. A nice respite. Dogs are doing well and have worked their miles back up, so that is good. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw doctor today. Will wait to have surgery until after the workshop. So.... I'm coming to Anchorage. Will be there for the workshop and the ceremonial start! Looking forward to seeing you and the dogs (I hope, anyway :-)
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, AWESOME ! ! ! Are you going to the banquet? Let me know ASAP...there may still be one spot at our table. We would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, You are assigned the last seat at our table. Will be so great to see you!

    ReplyDelete