Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

BACK TO ANCHORAGE...NEEDLES, NEEDLES AND MORE NEEDLES

Well, 6:15AM and I am off to the airport...Thank You Shuttle Express!   I will arrive in Anchorage around 12:30 and then I have an appointment for Prolotherapy.   Hoping that will help the healing of my tendons and ligaments. 

Got to the airport plenty early.  Didn't want to take any chances of a missed flight, as that would also mean a missed Dr. appointment.  For those of you that know me, you will be proud of me.   I actually took a ride in a wheel chair throughout the airport to my gate. 

Once in Anchorage, I waited for the Diamond Parking shuttle.  BRRR...don't know how cold it was, but it was cold.  I was armed with a hat and nice warm mitts. I finally made the decision to walk back to the baggage area to warm up a bit, and of course then the shuttle came. 

Had to chuckle when I got to my car.   At home I have a car rake to sweep the snow off...Didn't think of snow removeal at the airport...It was nicely parked at home next to our shed.  I did find a whisk broom in my car and it worked well to sweep off the new snow that covered my car.  Car started right up and after it was warmed up I took off for my appointment. 

The decision was made to do PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections.   That is where they draw your blood and centrifuge it and then take the concentrated platelets and inject them into your areas that need healing.   Not fun, but not too bad.   Didn't feel really great after all the injections, but by later that evening I was feeling fine.  The knee however, was quite swollen, as was expected.  Didn't feel really great with the out of pocket expense...don't think that my insurance will cover the procedure so they take payment up front.   Ouch!

No stops, straight home.  Elevate leg and ice. 

Did my physical therapy exercises and then to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment