Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

MAGIC IS HOME SAFE

Magic sharing Buzz's sleep pad
Well today has been kind of crazy.  I kept wanting to hook up a team and go out looking for Magic.  I knew that it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.  I knew that she would be better served getting the word out and posting her missing status on the Willow Dog Musher's site. 

I made the tough decision to stay home and get needed stuff done and to be here is she showed up.  So, I took care of the pile of snow that piled up when the roof slid.  That took a couple of hours and it was hard work (just what I needed). 

Every time the phone rang I was so hopeful, and sadly no good word about Magic.  Then we were getting ready to vaccinate Bob's kennel and the phone rang again.  It was wonderful news.  A black and brown sled dog in a green harness was found and was at the Nancy Lake Ranger Station.  That was in the right area.

So, we raced to the ranger's station.  I made a couple of calls along the way announcing that we were off to hopefully bring Magic home.   When we got to the station, I walked up to the door and could see a rather overweight black lab mix sitting inside and he was wearing a green harness.   My heart sunk.  I walked in the door sadly saying that wasn't my dog.  The guy replied "this is not the dog"  I replied back "No, that is not the dog"  Then he said that the dog was in the back room.  Oh, what a relief.  There was still a chance that Magic was found.   I walked through another door and there she was.  It was her.

The Park Ranger said that he saw her and tried getting her to come to him...he couldn't get near her.  Then a group of snowmachiners found her and used their machines to corner her.  Then they were able to grab her.  They took her to the Ranger Station and the rest is history. 

A HUGE thank you for all who were involved with catching a very scared timid sled dog.  She is home safe. 

We did get all of Bob's dogs vaccinated.  Yea! 

6 comments:

  1. Prayers are answered. So glad she is home and you can get a good nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy. Magic had a lot of people praying for her. I am so grateful that she is home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was wondering if you had heard anything about your little girl. That is great news that she is back safe and sound. Now you can get back to training. Hope you had a happy new year. We all went snow shoeing to day. It was a zoo. There were so many people that we had to park a long way from the trail head. It was still fun. Sure felt like winter. Nothing like what you get but we are not used to 24 degrees. Dogs were in heaven. Anyway have a good one. Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little girl is home safe and sound. I took her on a run last night and she did great. I saw pics of your snowshoeing and sure miss you guys! Right now our temps are far too warm...30 - 40 degrees. Happy New Years Jeff!

      Delete
  4. Jan, I'm so glad that Magic is back home! There is no feeling like that of worrying about one's dogs! We had to leave Abby for a week while in Colorado and I worried about her the whole time ... even though she was in good hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too ! I can relate. She is home and doing great!

      Delete