Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

MINUS 25+ BELOW

Picture taken after our run yesterday...about -20 degrees



Well, I am parked out in front of the Willow Library.  Woke up this morning and it was somewhere between -25 and -32.  Our internet is not working and has been a constant pain the the rear.   This morning I called MTA and we will have Internet through them hooked up on Friday.   So...hopefully my morning Internet runs will end.   

I will have to say, to help me deal with the frustration, I had to stop off at our local espresso stand and grab  a hot mocha.  Yes, you heard me right...we have an espresso stand just down the road on the Parks Highway.   Can't get a good Internet connection, but we can always count on a good hot mocha. 

Yesterday our run was a good one.   However, from here on out I will always travel with an extra headlamp and lots of extra hand warmers, etc in my sled.   We ended up doing a bit of exploring again and realized that we weren't on the trail that we thought we were on.  Ended up coming home by headlamp.  I realized that I didn't have a backup and that is truly not a good feeling.   I also ended up back at the kennel on my last hand warmers.  All was OK, but if we were out a whole lot longer it could have been a problem.   In these temperatures you don't want to take chances. 

Well, I have got to get back to the kennel and hook up a team and hit the trails again.   Brrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment