![]() |
| Our Christmas Window |
I am glad that you are all excited about learning about the Iditarod. There are many fun books to read. I am looking forward to you sharing with me, your journey into the Iditarod. We can't wait to visit you this spring. Bob is looking forward to meeting you all.
I will answer some of the questions that you asked in your cards...
Yes, it has been really cold here in Willow...temperatures have been between -20 and -34 degrees. But this week it finally warmed up a bit. Right now it is about 10 degrees out.
My dogs are Arnie, Daisy, Ursa, Magic, Jack, Krakatoa, Red, Nugget, Jimmy, Petunia, LaBlanc, Tyson, Spot, Roan, Chad, Otter, Floppy, Amber, Kevin and Circus.
Two Iditarods...My first Iditarod was 2012 and the route was the northern route. This year it is 2013 and the route is the southern route. You can see the two routes on the map below. We have a ceremonial start in Downtown Anchorage and then restart in Willow and head for Nome. Over a thousand miles.
Dogs send their love and so do we! Jan and Bob


What a treat! I am going to start after Christmas with my students. We have such a hectic December with concerts, Christmas store, Reindeer Rotations and, amidst all the fun, regular curriculum. Glad to hear you had a good Christmas. Wishing you and Bob a great New Year! Nancy
ReplyDeleteThanks Nancy. Again thanks to all for the wonderful cards!
ReplyDelete