Well, I woke up with a computer still terribly infected with a couple of different viruses...each rated severe. Joy for joy... A computer techie I am not. So...I called my brother's web guy and I spent the morning running scans and trying to get rid of the buggers. Finally I had to just shut down my computer and deal with it after my run.
My cell phone also died...
and it just kept on coming....
When I hooked up my team and we were ready for take off, my leader who was in heat decided to detour into Lablanc's run (much to his delight!) which was alongside our take off chute. I couldn't believe my eyes. NEVER had she EVER done this before. I switched out my leaders and we finally were headed out the kennel on our run. Going down the trail I was thinking that my next book may be titled "nightmare on the Iditarod Trail"...
Thankfully the run was a good one and there were no more shenanigans. Beautiful sunset on the trail. We went out to Almond Lake and turned what was going to be a long run into a short run. Getting back to the kennel I snacked the dogs and put them back to their houses. When I went in the house, I poured a cup of coffee and ended up pouring coffee all over the counter and floor...(it was dark). Ugh !
Spent the whole evening working on my computer. Running scans and having the viruses being quarantined as fast as I was removing them. Downloaded another malware scan and removed the viruses...but they kept quarantining on Microsoft Security Essentials. Very frustrating. I finally took the chance of restoring my computer to an earlier date and thankfully that took care of everything.
Looking forward to a new day tomorrow !
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Jan I feel your pain. About a month and a half ago I wound up with a nasty virus to. Elements had me download some software that was suppose to remove the bad stuff. After hours of screwing around I finally gave up and took it to the geek squad. Took them quite along time to get rid of it. If only the people put half the effort into making our lives difficult would put that into something positive imagine how much better things would be.Jeff
ReplyDeleteI agree Jeff...we don't have geek squad nearby and my two musher friends who are like geek squad were no where to be found. I am just releived that all is well.
DeleteThe joys of technology!
ReplyDelete