One at a time, each one of my dogs were brought in the house today. They were vaccinated and then their feet were inspected and toe nails clipped. I was a nice opportunity to check them over well and we also noted their weight. They have had a couple of days off and I think that they are eager to get back on the trail. Hoping for warmer temperatures...at least a little bit.
After getting my kennel vaccinated, we drove down towards Anchorage and spent the afternoon with friends celebrating Christmas with a wonderful dinner prepared by Jane. It was a fun time and good company and plenty of "musher talk".
Then we headed for home and mixed feed and fed the dogs.
Right now it is kind of a hard time for me. This is the first Christmas my family will spend
without my mother. She is with us in our hearts. I call my father most every day and it is a sad time for him. This is his first Christmas without his wife of 60 years. She passed away unexpectedly last December 29th. I miss her dearly. Mostly I worry about my dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment