Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

OUR DECORATED BOOTIE TREE

3 AM found me awake and unable to sleep.  I tossed and turned a while and then my brain got working overtime.  I realized that I was not going to fall back to sleep so I figured that I might as well get up.   I decided to bake cranberry bread.   At 4 am I put the bread in the oven and then I crawled back to bed.  I set my alarm for 5 am to wake up and  take the loaves out of the oven. Crawled back to bed and drifted off to sleep with the wonderful smell of fresh baked cranberry bread. 

 

We are wishing you all a Merry Christmas.  Just getting ready for a long Christmas run with the dogs.   Hope to update this evening...

Well, we had a wonderful run...our longest yet this year.  It was so beautiful out on the trails.  I called my brother and he put the phone on speaker and I was able to talk with all of my family.  My oldest daughter was enjoying her visit from New York and was spending time with grandpa.  It was nice knowing that all were gathered together on Christmas morning.  Dad was enjoying time with his grand kids.  Then it was time to put the phone away and focus on the dogs. 

The dogs did well.  We explored some new trails and actually found a turn a round so we didn't have to turn the dogs in the trail.  The dogs got to run some hills along with the flats.   When crossing a lake, we could see a family all gathered together and they were barbecuing out on their deck overlooking the frozen lake that we were traveling on.  We exchanged waves and continued on our way. 

With the temperatures warming, we had soft snow part of the way.  We actually had water on the trail and we removed their booties for the run home.   No moose so we were happy.  Back at the kennel the dogs were fed and then the mushers were fed.  A wonderful Christmas Day. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the tree! I know the feeling of being unable to sleep and knowing that the only solution is to get up! I'll have to try the baking solution. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smile...I also could never find the time during the daytime...so I knew just what to do.

    ReplyDelete