Well, it was a very productive day. Started the day off bagging up the salmon that I had picked up from Dee Dee Jonrowe. It spent the night in my car and oh, my, did my car ever stink. Drove it to Ted's and dropped it off with some tripe. I will return later and cut it up and bag it and put it in the freezer.
Then I drove to Linda and Larry's. They have so graciously opened their home and called their friends to help with Bob and my drop bags. On my drive there, I encountered a moose on the road. He wouldn't get off the road and when ever I tried to slowly pass it he would go to the middle of the road and raise all of the hair on his neck about a foot high. Sure did not look like a good thing. I called Linda and she said to give him a while because that was definitely not a good sign and that it very well could attack the car. I slowly tried again and again the hair went up and the moose went into the middle of the road. Then to my horror, a van came up behind the moose and got him galloping right at me...and I quickly started driving as fast as I could in reverse. I was rather upset with the other driver as I had no idea what that moose was going to do. I finally got to where I had to stop and the moose kept on coming and thankfully went past me without bothering my car. All the while Linda was on the phone with me and listening to my hysterics.
When I got to the house we had a good laugh. Then we got started working on drops. First we bagged up snack items into individual baggies. Buddy cut up four large summer sausages and cut and bagged them. Then with all of the snack item on a table, we were like an assembly line, filling a gallon size zip lock bag full of snack items. 17 bags for me and 17 bags for Bob. The bags consisted of fruit and nut mix, granola bars, trail mix, two peanut butter and jam sandwiches, choc covered acai berries, cut up pieces of summer sausage and a couple of candy bars.
Next was preparing our drink bags. In each bag there were two chocolate milks, three 100% juice capri suns, one orange juice, two ensure or boost supplements and 3 bottles of water.
We also powdered and bundled over a thousand booties.
While we were there working, Linda had prepared goulash and had the coffee on and also cold drinks. I so appreciated the help. It snowed the whole time we were there working and it was snowing at home as well. UGH ! We really don't need any more snow. We got another foot today and that means that we will have to be digging ourselves out again in the morning.
Friday, February 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who would have known 4 years ago you tripe/powdered booties/drop bags/moose encounters/digging out in the morning after a deep snowfall ... I am so proud of you ... you have a network there practically helping & you have a network here financially/emotionally/spiritually helping. Although we are not there to practically help, WATCH YOUR MAIL for help from WA in the way we can help from a far.
ReplyDeleteDebi
Debi, you are such an awesome friend and I can't wait to share this dream with you when you get here ! You are so very much appreciated and thanks for all that you have done !
ReplyDelete