Well, I have to thank Kathy...she was a lifesaver. She has been in Anchorage running errands for me. We have to be mobile so I have a snow plower on call ready to come and plow our driveway if we continue to get snow.
One thing that I will be doing this week is packing and unpacking my sled...figuring our just where I want everything and figuring out how on earth to get everything in the sled and keep the weight down....what to pack...what to leave. I have thought about taking a smaller sleeping bag...I have a Wiggy's bag and it is big and bulky and heavier than required...but it will save my life so I am leaning towards dealing with it. There is so much thought that goes in to all of this and for me a rookie...I don't have past history to work from.
Today was pretty low key... It was a day to dry out gear from our camping trip and clean up and pack away many things. I am looking over what all still needs to be done. In the morning I will make some lists figure out the flow of things.
Tomorrow in the morning we have a small tour group coming to visit our kennel. I am looking forward to our time together.
Greetings from Florida! So excited to be able to cheer on our favorite mushers! Signed up for the gps tracking and video coverage in addition to joining the membership. This race is pretty exciting and I am glad to be able to support the organization and racers! Best of luck to you and your team! Love the blog and learning a lot. I think what is so fascinating is reading about how the mushers came to be and followed their passion to pursue mushing. It means a lot to be able to see photos and read first hand the stories of the teams.
ReplyDeleteThanks Michelle! I wish it was easier for me to post pictures...I have so many that I would love to get online but it is so time comsuming...Jan
ReplyDelete