Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

IDITAROD DROP BAGS

Well, it is finally over. Yesterday the bags were all taken to Airland Transport. It was certainly a group effort of friends to get our drop bags done. I ended up staying the night at the Clines and worked into the wee hours. Buddy had dropped off his snowmachine trailer for us to load with all of the bags. Then he showed up the morning and off we went with somewhere around 100 stuffed bags in his trailer.

When we got to Airland we were greeted by an army of volunteers to unload all of our bags. They weighed each bagged and tagged them and then after all of the bags were weighed I went down stairs and was given my total and the check was written. So glad to have this behind me now.

On the drive home I had to make myself not think of everything that I wish that I had put in a bag here or there. Over all I am happy with the outcome, but I wish that I had had more time to do the final assembling of the bags. It took longer than I had imagined, but I was putting together two teams.

One of my bags was short a people food bag and I was able to grab my people food for McGrath and toss it in that one. I know that I can get food in McGrath. I also plan on buying a couple of freeze dried meals to throw in my sled just in case.

Now we can get back to running the dogs and get ready for the big race.

Pictures soon to come....

3 comments:

  1. You must be getting so excited! Sending good thoughts and prayers for your pre-race preps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing that these wee hour nights are preparing you for little sleep on the Iditarod Trail. Glad you can be back with the dogs...Debi

    ReplyDelete