Well, I woke up early...and thought...hmmmm, wonder if I could start that generator. So, I put on a robe and slipped into shoes and braved the cold and came face to face with the generator. I flipped the switch on and slid the choke on and gave a pull. Slid the choke off and pulled again and it started right up !
That means while Bob sleeps I can have LIGHTS, GROUND COFFEE AND RUNNING WATER.
Well, so far I have washed dishes, done two loads of laundry, taken a shower, ground the coffee and I am enjoying the smell of fresh brewed coffee. I got caught up with emails and sponsor thank yous. Mostly I am just enjoying having lights on. So much brighter than working by headlamp.
Kitchen and Bathroom are cleaned (could be the last time until after Iditarod !)
Popcorn, movies & sled dogs ... what a way to spend an evening. We enjoyed the videos & are cheering you on. Thinking about eating like the dogs ... think that will make us svelt?
ReplyDeleteDebi
LOL...if you want to get svelt, just spend a winter in AK especially when it is -35 degrees for more than a month. My weight is way down...and I eat what ever I want. Love it ! The dogs eat well...and it is a challenge to keep their weight on as well when they are running long runs.
ReplyDeleteNice job! Starting that thing would be a must for me too. :) I bet having that propane refrigerator is pretty nice too. To this day, I have no idea how my dad lived through last winter without that refrigerator and the new stove you have now. Crazy man! 6 more days! Wish I could meet up with you in Nome.
ReplyDeleteLol...I couldn't have dealt with no running refrigerator 24/7. The stove was also a must. The only way we could be gone on long runs. Wish you could be there too in Nome. It will be nice to have you at the musher's banquet. We should have taken the generator in a long time ago. Your Dad's arm would have been much happier. It was so hard for him to start it. Now it starts right up.
ReplyDelete