We had a fun time with visitors from Washington State who are here with Kathleen Nelson to experience Iditarod 2012. They got to meet the team and snack the dogs. It was fun answering the many questions and also hearing about every one's Alaska adventure. Kathleen served chili and cheese bread and shortbread cookies and coffee, tea and juice.
It was a fun diversion from the mental part of getting ready. But now we have to get back on track. Time to pick up the sled that I will drive with my Iditarider from Ted's. We also have to pick up my sled that we will ship out on the trail.
Tomorrow morning we will be up early to get to vet checks by 9 am at the Iditarod Headquarters. We will have our driveway plowed while we are gone with the dog truck and trailer.
A quick trip to the post office today to see if any of our packages have arrived. A stop at the gas stations to pick up fuel for the generator.
This evening will be spent going through our checklists and making new updated lists.
I want to again thank our many sponsors. I would like to send a special thank you for those who have just "joined the team". Your financial help is helping us through a critical time here at the end. We couldn't do this without you !
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jan,
ReplyDeleteThe kids and I are wondering if you've picked the dogs for your team yet? We're so excited to watch the race and use the GPS to keep track of your team and others!
Wishing you all the best in these last hectic days before the big day!
Hi Mrs. Edwards and students...I have made some cuts for the team but I still haven't made the final selection...There are vet checks in the morning and I am hoping that all of the dogs pass. That is why we keep more dogs than we are taking trained up and ready to go. Thank you again for your wishing me all the best.
ReplyDeleteDear Jan,
ReplyDeleteOur postcards arrived from you. Thank you very much for them. Here are some comments from the kids, "The dogs look so cute in the photo!";"Go Magic!";"Stovepipe is awesome!" "Good luck Jan!" "Happy Trails!" "We wish you safety!"
Thank you again for taking time during this very hectic period for you!
Mrs. Eppenberger and students!
Go Jan. We're all so excited here at Europe Through the Back Door for your race and your adventure. Enjoy your guests and we'll all be with you in spirit every snowey inch of the way. Rick
ReplyDeleteI'm from the National Park Service in Washington, DC (the Mall). Your blog is on my facebook page and I'm encouraging my friends to contribute. Pick out a nice wheel dog for me and give it a big smooch!
ReplyDeleteHey Jan, it's hard to believe that your big adventure is about to start. Wish I could be there to see you off. Be careful. Have a lot of fun. The monster mals and I want to wish you a lot of good luck. Not sure that you know or not. I have a new male mal. I got him almost a month ago. He is about a year old. He is rearing to pull a sled already. His youth wears me out. Talk to you soon. Jeff
ReplyDelete