Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

SUNDAY

Slept in 'til 7:30.... Bob snacked and watered the dogs while I made Dutch Baby for breakfast...then off to Church. Pastor Cheryl handed us 16 pair of "wristies". She is really amazing. This last week she handed me a box of all of the fleece booties that she sewed. She also knitted me a pair of wool mitts. They are so wonderful. I think too nice to wear mushing...but we will see. She said that she will make us wool socks to help keep our feet warm.

After church we all enjoyed Linda's noodle casserole for lunch. Then we headed for home. Bob took out the snowmachine and groomed a trail down to the river. Eliminating one of our "moosey" runs, but still having us go through what I call the gauntlet. I went to Ted and Paula's and cut up all of the salmon for Iditarod drops and also for snacking the dogs this next month.

I plan on returning early in the morning and will work at cutting meat each morning before we run. Bob will take on the kennel chores for both teams while I cut meat for both teams.

I will hope to post pics as soon as I can get some.

1 comment:

  1. What you mean by cutting meat is oh so different that what I mean by cutting meat ... I never have used a chainsaw to cut meat, a chainsaw in New Orleans but not on frozen meat. Keep well!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete