Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

BEAUTIFUL DAY TODAY

Well, I started the day off cleaning out a chest freezer at Ted and Paula's. Then I bagged salmon for Iditarod Drop Bags. I have 30 gallon bags of cut up salmon for snacks.

Then I headed home and Bob and I ran all of my dogs...a 10 and 12 dog team. We took a different route today in hopes of avoiding moose encounters. Worked well, but I have to admit that I am still very uneasy on the tight trails. I am forever searching for any sign of moose on the trail.

We had a great run...average in length. It was very pretty on the trails. I pulled out my camera to get some pictures and my camera card was still in my laptop....bummer. Hoping to get in some longer runs this week. Tomorrow I have a work party for Iditarod Drop Bags. I will head into town in the morning to get last minute necessities and pick up kibble to bag. We will have a full day and I am hoping very productive.

Our neighbor, Dee Dee Jonrowe had a moose encounter. Thanking God that she is OK and so are her dogs. It is such a frightening experience. My heart goes out to her.

6 comments:

  1. May the thoughts of moose remain simply that thoughts that you acknowledge & send on there merry way ,,, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,
    Just finished reading the story of Libby Riddles - Storm Run to the 4th graders. Our next project is to study sled dogs and picking our "dream team" from your wonderful dogs! Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks...and good luck picking your "dream team". I know for me it will be hard to pick my team of 14 dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jan,
    I will pray sure that you don't see a moose on one of your runs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to thank me.

    ReplyDelete