Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

BUSY LONG WEEKEND....



Well, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Bob's daughter Melissa. I missed my family and friends back home. Made lots of phone calls.

We have been making a lot of late afternoon - into the night runs. The temperatures have been in the minus 20's. We have been experimenting around with different layers, mitts, boots, etc. I will have to say, I have gone from cold to warm. I am back to wearing my vapor barrier socks. They seem to give me the best luck with warm feet (of course with toe warmers). I will soon be buying a couple of boxes of full foot warmers.

We have been passing alligators in the swamp....hmmm....must be the dog type...with temperatures that cold. Snapping dogs....not too nice to encounter. I am so grateful that my dogs are well behaved.

I am slowly learning the swamp...or at least the first part of our runs. We seem to be at the same sections in the dark and then I don't have a clue where I am. I led us down to Willow Creek and under the overpass and out into the swamp past the RR trestle. Then Bob passes and I followed him out to Annie Oakley and the Tank Trail...beautiful run.

Tomorrow we are giving the dogs a day off. It will be only a day off from running for us. There is so much for us to get caught up with. We are going to organize the back room and build some shelves and make a run to the Post Office. We are going to start preparing items for our drop bags.

2 comments: