Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A FULL DAY....



11PM..Sitting infront of the oil burner stove...being so very thankful to the warm house that greets us after a late evening run.

Well, the day starts as usual, watering the dogs and scooping the kennel. (I am sure that you all know that by now.) Then we took off for Wasilla. Wrote Bob's Iditarod bio and sent it off along with a picture for the Iditarod website. (Bob officially signed up for Iditarod on November 9th.)



Our first stop was at MTA, where we returned our air card (a source of constant frustration). Then we stopped at AT &T and resigned up for their aircard. After we returned our original one which didn't work for us, we were told that it was probably a faulty sim card, so we are giving them another chance. This time we didn't leave the store until we tested it out with my laptop...and it worked. I was able to upload pictures to the blog. That was something we were not able to do. It has taken us two months to get this Internet connection figured out.



Then we stopped at the feed store, the grocery store and the gas station and back home to take out a team. With all of our running around, we knew that we would be out late.



I dressed warmer for the run. Yesterday I was cold on the trail. It is pretty funny, you have to layer up and get out the door quick or you start sweating. It paid off, as when we returned to the kennel I was totally warm, feet included. We ran most of the run by headlamp. I am still wondering when I will have a clue where I am out there in the swamp. You can imagine in the dark what fun I had. I just made sure that I could see Bob in front of me. When we cross the highway back to our side of the road, I am in familiar territory and navigate fine in the dark. I am looking forward to when I have the swamp figured out.

Dogs did great. Bob is mixing feed and I am catching up on my blog. we will soon go out and feed and then we will sit down to dinner...about 10PM A great day.







No comments:

Post a Comment