Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

FIRST TIME BACK ON THE RUNNERS !



Well, the two feet of snow we got sure made for some challenges. We are still "snowed in" and hope to see a plow in the morning to plow out our driveway. My car is still quite burried. The two feet deep snow makes it tough to trudge around in.

We pulled the sleds out and hooked up snow hooks and I had to figure out a new quick release system. All the while the dogs were anticipating being hooked up. After what seemed hours (and were) we were ready to go. Earlier that the trail was run by the snow machine and all the trees were cleared.

I hooked up an 8 dog team and so did Bob. His team headed out of the kennel first and then my team followed. Needless to say, dogs and I were quite excited. Just a few minutes down the trail and we had trouble. The road plow had shoved a huge mound of snow right up onto the groomed dog trail. We ended up turning off the trail and taking the roads back to the kennel.
It was a very short run and the dogs came back into the kennel still raring to go.

We took the snow machine back on the trail and dug the trail out and then I got the tour of the trail. It was so beautiful out. I love the trees all covered in snow.

I am looking forward to the new trails. In the morning after we are dug out, we will each take out two teams. One of us will check out the trail before we head out with the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment