Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

FIRST NIGHT RUN

Yesterday was another day off due to high winds and trail work. Trees were down and the trails were heavily drifted in. Mike, Justin, and Bob had their work cut out for them, clearing trees and keeping the trail open.

We ran two teams today and had great runs. On our second run, we hooked up in the dark. It was our first night run and a fabulous one at that. The sky was filled with stars and it was a beautiful night out on the trail.

Before our night run, I changed socks and added layers. I wore my beaver mitts. I was very warm except for my cheeks...next time I will take an extra neck warmer.

I was most pleased with the second team out. We did the run nonstop and the dogs were strong the entire run. I ran Carmack and Stovepipe in lead. Then I had Thornton, Red, Max, Newman, Chad and Otter. Tomorrow we will up our mileage and I will also take out a 10 dog team.

Update on the propane refrigerator....it is installed and working. This evening after I feed dogs, I will transfer food into our new Crystal Cold Propane Refrigerator. Yeah ! I am excited !

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jan...guess I'll quit grumbling about the 28 degree morning. I'm glad I get to hear about your adventure while sitting in front of the fireplace!

    Miss you...Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judi, miss you too! Keep that fireplace stoked...there is much yet to experience! Jan

    ReplyDelete