Brrr....I knew it was going to be cold this morning, but not this cold. I re strawed the dog houses last night in anticipation of the drop in temperature.
11:30 we were heading out of the dog lot, each with an 8 dog team. We took our current training run with no changes. I had Jack and Chop in lead and they were a really good combination. It was a great run.
We did have a little episode with two other teams. It was kind of ugly for Bob. The guy's team was all tangled in Bob's team. I wasn't looking forward to their attempt at passing me either. I too, pulled my leaders off the trail and they worked their way past my team and then they got hung up on my sled and ended up pulling my snow hooks...joy for joy. Never a good thing, especially when you are up in the front of your team. As my sled passed me I dove for it and slammed it into the snow drift. That stopped my sled and I was able to set one of my hooks before I up righted it. I was so glad that they were on their way home and we wouldn't be passing them again.
The rest of our run was fabulous...but a bit on the cold side.
I went into Wasilla this afternoon and when I got back Bob had the propane refrigerator in the house. Yeah ! Can't wait to get it hooked up !
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment