Hi Everyone...It is me ! We arrived in Manley as scheduled. Today was so nice...even though temps were below zero. We had clear skies and very little wind. The snow was still punchy and slow for the most part. I left fourth and came in third. The dogs are doing really well. I am taking pictures and hope to be able to post them...but we will have to see.
It was quite exciting to be chosen the musher to carry the serum from the train. I was the first musher out and on the trail. When I arrived in Old Minto, I put the serum to warm by the fire, and then after our meeting I passed the serum on to Von for the next leg of the journey.
We left the next morning for Tolovana Lodge and it was really a neat place...out in the middle of nowhere. We had hot water ready for the dogs by our arrival. I was quite dehydrated and spent the evening drinking hot chocolate and many cups of tea.
My snow machine partner is Hal Lapoint and he is great. We are getting along great and he is a big help.
This morning we had pancakes made for us by the lodge, but I enjoyed one of my french toast breakfast that I had in a foodsaver pack and also I shared a wonderful breakfast burrito that Ricky made with Hal. It got great reviews.
Dinner will be Elk Lasagna tonight ! But.... I am going to go and take a shower ! Yeah !!!! And Erin Told me that she has a blow dryer left in the shower room for us to use. Tomorrow we will wash one set of clothing...we are all going together for the wash as none of us will fill a load.
Then I will get a ride to the post office and I can't wait to get my package from Ricky...elk meat sticks. They other night Bill shared his Salmon dip and crackers...YUM !
We will be here in Manley for two days and I am looking forward to it. I will fgo through my action packers and figure out what I don't need and will work on lightening my load. I am also looking forward to meeting with the children of the village.
Will upday when I can !
Thanks Ricky for figuring out the system and updating for me ! ! !
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is awesome!! Please add a RSS feed link so we can follow your story! Go girl, go!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment and interest in my journey...I have contacted one of the web guys at ETBD and hopefully they will be able to add a RSS feed link...(I have no idea what that is !) Thank you for your encouragement!
ReplyDeleteI am glad things are going well for you Jan.What an adventure. I am jealous of all the wild game you are having for dinner. Sounds darn tasty. Jeff
ReplyDelete