Well, it is Friday and I decided that I would sleep in today. I haven't done that in forever.
Then Ted and I went to breakfast and then I spent the morning on the snowmachine re-grooming my chute out of the dog lot. The snow plow literally obliterated my chute that I spent hours on grooming the other day. It was entertainment for the dogs and the llamas. I think that they were taking bets on whether or not I would get the snow machine stuck again. Wednesday I had to have Ted haul me out with the Ford.
I took out an 8 dog team with the 4 dogs that I didn't run yesterday. I will say that I was just a wee bit leery heading out of the dog lot, as another musher who shares my swamp access trail had a moose trample his team a few days ago. Thankfully, all his dogs were OK. I would have been terrified ! I have encountered moose there on the trail many times...however, they have never bothered me...they have just startled and ran.
We had a beautiful run,however, my feet were so very cold. Went out to Ramano Lake and then out to Frying Pan Lake and then back Ramano Lake. Dogs did great. I was wishing that I had my camera with me as a movie would have been so beautiful. It was pretty out there with all of the new snow.
Got back and fed and watered the dogs. Ted made homemade soup for dinner this evening and it was so good. I try and work on my packing for Serum Run and get a final list going. There is still so much that I have to do.
I will be able to get to bed early this evening and I plan on sleeping in again tomorrow. It is so nice to be getting caught up on sleep.
Friday, February 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree you need to get some movie action happening so we enjoy the sounds and the scenery. Jeff
ReplyDelete