TODAY WAS A REST DAY...a day to get so much done. I didn't run the dogs today, but got up early and watered them. Then I worked on cleaning up and organizing my room. Have to be able to find all of my gear that I will be taking on serum run. I have to be ultra organized so that I am ready and have what I need. There is still so much to do.
I washed clothes today and then headed to Buddy's to clean out his garage. We grabbed subway sandwiches for lunch and then I packed out most all of my "stuff" from his garage. We hung the arctic oven tent to dry. I was bummed...I forgot the tent poles. But we managed to hang it. I will try and get the poles up there tomorrow.
I cleaned up about half of the dog lot...I am probably the only musher who sweeps a dog lot. I have Ricky to thank for that. He bought a broom for the doing the dog lot. Anyway, I go around with a hoe and loosen up the frozen poops and then I come back with the broom and poop box and sweep those frozen babies into the box ! It actually works quite well. While working in the dog lot, I enjoyed a beautiful sunset.
Angie came over for dinner this evening and we all had a great time. She is getting her drop bags ready for Iditarod. It was fun to exchange ideas. It was also fun to listen to Ted's stories.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment