Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

TUESDAY....EEKS ! WELL INTO COUNTDOWN !


Well, it is 6:45 am and I am ready to brave the cold(-20) and water the dogs. Then I am heading to Angie's to cut and bag meat. She has a wonderful industrial meat cutter. I am also going to food saver two peeled oranges...i think they might be refreshing on the trail...yum...frozen orange sections !

Woke up this morning to frozen water pipes at 5 am...we turned on the heater under the house and we have water...yeah ! Makes it so much easier watering the dogs !

I will be on a quest to find boot liners today I think...or perhaps tomorrow. My feet froze yesterday in my Cabelas TransAlaskan boots with the intuition liners. (wondering who to thank for my lousy circulation in my feet...I think that perhaps it is my mom's side of the family, as I remember my grandfather complain of cold feet.) I tried wearing a foot warmer in them but it didn't work. I am thinking that because they are a closed cell liner perhaps there wasn't enough air ? I am now wishing that I had purchased additional Cabelas liners for my boots.

This morning Ted helped me try and gorilla glue my Lobens. I took them to a boot repair and they glued them with no success...If that works, then I will go and buy a pair of Insulated Neos. (overboots)

I am going to try my Northern Outfitter boots today with toe warmers and see how that works.

Bye for now !!!

STILL HAVE ALL MY FINGERS

Well, I sure got a lot of meat cut up. Then the band saw decided to bite me....It cut through my glove and I could feel that I had been cut. That was an "OH...NO" moment. I walked to the house and took my glove off to see the damage. Angie and I both looked and we didn't like what we saw. I got online and found a Dr. in Willow who was on my medical plan.

Went in and he figured that I hit the bone, but we opted to not take X-rays since he was going to treat me with antibiotics anyway because of the nature of the injury and also because I will be on the trail for 20 days. I ended up with 3 stitches, with one being a stitch through the finger nail. I couldn't watch that.

I was lucky...it could have been far worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment