Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bernie Willis Sled Test Drive

I borrowed Angie's Bernie Willis sled and took it for a run. It was awesome...like a pair of high performance skis. I loved how it handled and promptly took it out on Ramano Lake to try it on the hills and through the trees. I was very happy with how it drove. I was a bit worried how I would like it as it was narrower than the sled that I have been running.

When I woke up the temperature was -20. It got up to 16 degrees. While I was on my run my feet were so cold.

I worked on cleaning up "Whitey"...at least the cab. Tomorrow I hope to clean the back. We will be driving the dog truck to Nenana in one week. After tomorrow, the count down begins.
Paula and I vacinated the dogs and I will cut nails tomorrow.

Went to Bill Grimes and hung out with Buddy and Von and Bill. Had dinner and shared mushing stories and looked at Bill's photo albums. Talked about Serum Run and of our building anticipation and excitement. A nice evening with nice people. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone on Serum Run. I am so bummed that Buddy will not be able to join us. He is such a good friend and a fun guy to be around. We will miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment