Didn't know a finger tip could throb so much...but know that hurts always hurt more at night when you are trying to sleep...
Well, I have come to the realization that having a bandaged finger will be a pain in the butt...I didn't run a team yesterday, but plan on running today. Will be fun to bootie those dogs up. My finger doesn't fit into my liner gloves...hmmm.
Our temps have been in the minuses in the morning and by mid afternoon, they are in the 20's. It has been so beautiful out. My last run in the swamp was fun, as I got to see other teams out there. Most often I never see another team.
Last night I was at Angie's again helping her with her Iditarod drops and preparations. We had two food saver machines going, sealing her clothing that she will be shipping out. We made more of the colorful wristie type wrist warmers. I will miss seeing her off, as we leave before the Iditarod starts. I hope to be able to follow her progress while I am on the trail. It would be so neat to see her cross under the burled arch in Nome, but I think that I will have to leave before her arrival.
Today I will be going into Wasilla for a shopping trip...a few last minute items(OK, more than a few) on my Serum Run list. I am also looking forward to a massage. On the way back to Willow I will pick up my new sled from Bernie Willis. I am very excited about that.
Well, it is 4:40 am and I am going to see if I can get back to sleep.
This morning Buddy is going to swing by and pick up my Siglin sled, a bale of straw, and my action packers. He will be transporting them for me to Nenana on Saturday. Excitement is rising...(and hopefully not panic). I think that I have things pretty well under control.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment