Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

DROP BAGS...DAY TWO

Well, today found me bright and early in Wasilla. Made the rounds to WalMart, Target, Sportsman's Warehouse, and AIH. They I headed to Talkeetna where I am working out of Buddy's house to do my drop bags. It is great to have a heated garage and a big kitchen to work out of.

Spent quite a bit of the day cooking and preparing meals in foodsaver bags. Bagged up a bunch of kibble and then we labeled all of the drop bags. Then took an inventory and laid out all of the food and started assembling a bag of food for each day on the journey. Buddy thought that I had way too much food, but when we counted it all out there was not too much extra. I have some meals ready for the race this weekend if I run it.

There is still so much to do it seems. I am hoping that I have all of the meat cut up that I need. I still have to cut up 40 bags of meat snacks for the dogs. I am thinking that I will also cut up some more meat just to be on the sure side.

I have booties to count. I have used so many in training and shredded them up. I am hoping that I don't have to buy too many more booties. I will hold my breath on that one.

Tomorrow I will put together my snack bags for each day and also figure out the needed gloves, batteries, hand and foot warmers, neck warmers, etc etc. etc. that need to be shipped out to the trail.

There are still many things that I need to purchase for the trip.

I am very excited that I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of beaver mitts for $50.00 tomorrow. I so hope that they fit. I have wanted a pair so bad, but I have not afforded myself them, as they are $250 .00 and up. I will also be looking at many other items. So I will start my day off on an adventure of seeing what treasures that I can come by.

I will post pictures as soon as Buddy sends them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment