Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

MONDAY

Well, I am pretty tired and kind of down on losing my snowmachine partner. We had been planning this trip for quite some time now. There is so much to do to get ready with the drop bags and I have a race this weekend. It is a 300 mile race. I started the 100 mile race of the Don Bowers totally exhausted, which is unusual for me. I generally have an abundance of energy. I think that there has just been a lot of stress with the thought of the Serum Run falling apart and then with Ricky getting hurt, that didn't make it any easier.

I really don't have time to run my team with the preparations for drop bags. I cut up and bagged meat all afternoon. We had the musher's banquet this evening and it was a fun time. I received the red lantern. Got home around 10 pm and picked up all the meat that I had cut up and loaded it in the back of the Ford. We are expecting snow this evening. That usually means that the temperatures will go up and that is not a good thing.

I will get up early in the morning and figure out what I still need for my drop bags and run into Wasilla. Thank goodness that there is a Wall Mart that is open early. Then I will go to Buddy's and we will finish the drop bags.

So off to bed I go...as I am falling asleep.

I want to thank all of those who have made donations to keep Serum Run on track. Thank you so very much. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment