Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A SHOVELING WE WILL GO...


This morning we loaded up the sled and headed over to Happy Trails Kennel, Martin Buser's.  We un-buried two dog boxes and loaded them up on the trailer with the sled and off to Anchorage we went.  Got to Northern Air Cargo and go the shock of my week (can't say life).  I was quoted .25/pound for shipping costs.  When I got there they told me that it was .70/pound to Nome plus a 36% surcharge and tax.  Then it would be .25/pound for the return plus the surcharge and tax.  Over $1,300.00  OUCH ! ! !


Picked up a few things that we needed on the way.  We will be making more neck and tug lines tonight.  Can you believe it?  I found out that I have a chewer.  For 3 weeks  Turbo hasn't chewed a thing.  After yesterday's run he chewed the front end hook's two neck lines and also another snow hook line.  Hmmm....wondering what Turbo is going to do when he is on our 24 hour layover and two 8 hour ones.   I will be armed with a chain for him.  I have a cable gang line so that is not a worry, but eating everyone's tug and neck lines are a pain in the rear.

Will be busy sewing a few more fox tails and mending some harnesses for Angie.  Hoping to make a pouch for my sled bag, but may not have the time.

All in all, a great day.  Time is ticking!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jan,
    Mom and I send our love and prayers to you and Bob as you journey on this amazing race. We’ll be tracking you all the way via The Insider. When things get tough and you hear distant voices saying, “You can do it”, it will be us amongst so many others who are urging you on. God bless and keep you both. Love, Cec and Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Cecile and Helen. Thank you so much for your message and you will be along with me in the sled. When I need to dig deep, I will think of you two along with many others. Enjoy your journey via the Insider. Sorry in advance for the worry that I will put you through. Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete