Well I was up at 5:30 to call Northern Outfitters. They are a fabulous company that makes extreme weather gear. We have on order Parkas, liners, bibs, boots and gloves. We had our boots on order from them since the fall. The delivery was promised in December. I was told this morning that there would be no boots. Problems with the manufacturing. I still don't have a delivery date on the Parkas. Waiting for a call back with details on the rest of the order.
Now we have a major scramble.
Went out to start my car and warm it up. The driver's door was frozen shut. I had to laugh...day is starting out rather interesting. I had to get in on the passenger side and climb over the console to the driver's side. Well after 3 times of climbing over the console, the temperature warmed up and I was able to open the door.
I met Angie in Wasilla for breakfast. Then I was off to Anchorage. Hoping to just spend half the day. Never works out that way. I got home at 8:00 tonight. You name it, I went there.
While I was heading to Anchorage, Bob was heading to Palmer to pick up a ton of meat for the dogs.
I was on a hunt for extreme weather boots for both Bob and me. Picked up our supply of boost and ensure for the trail....yes, you read that right.
While fully immersed in my scavenger hunt, I received a call from Bob. He was out with 12 of my dogs on a 27 mile run. Got a wonderful report from on the trail. Magic and Daisy were in lead and doing great. I sure miss being out on a sled with the dogs.
On the bright side...I actually found a pair of Baffin boots that my brace fits into. Yay!
Leg elevated and ice packs on.
Monday, February 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jan! Just got back from my dog sledding at Wintermoon with Kathleen and was getting caught up with what you've been up to. So sorry to read about the knee injury. So sending you best wishes for healing strength to be able to get to the start line! Can't believe I will be on my way to AK in 3 weeks....yippee! See you soon! Julie
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear from you Julie! I am sure that you had a great time. The three weeks will go flying by! I know too fast for us. Safe travels! See you in Anchorage.
ReplyDelete