Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

TAKING THE SNOW BLOWER FOR A WALK...

Well, today it snowed about 7 inches.  It sure looks pretty with new snow fall.  Everything so white and clean.  Dogs were out on a long run today, while I headed for physical therapy.   At First Choice Physical Therapy Jeff has really taken it on to do what ever he can to get me "Iditarod Ready".  He has quite a job.  I think that he is most concerned about the bone bruise and fracture line of my femur.  The ligament is an isue as well, and I am doing everything that I can to keep it safe and not re-injure it.  As good as it is feeling, it is so very hard to stay off of a sled and watch from the side lines. 

Then into town for a few things.  Finally found the hockey tape that I have been looking for.  We are going to re-tape our sled handlebars.  

I won an eBay auction (finally after 4 tries).  Will be getting my GPS unit soon.  It was actually good that I lost the first 4 auctions as the price was up there.   I got my Garmin for $114.00.  So I was very happy.  This replaces the brand new one that I lost on the Iditarod trail last year. 

Made cookies and meat loaf...what a combination.  House sure smelled yummy. 

Dogs looked good when they came in from their run.  They encountered moose on the trail.  This is the time of year when the moose tend to be an issue...February, when there is an accumulation of snow.  Bob said this moose was not giving up the trail.   He set his hooks and walked towards the moose and fired off warning shots to scare him off the trail.  He wasn't all that willing to give up the trail but he finally went got of the trail.

Well, the doctor told me that I should go for a walk each day with one of my dogs.   So...I fired up the snow blower and decided to take it for a walk.  Amber wasn't so sure about it and she jumped in the car and stayed in it until I was finished.  Buzz, on the other hand, enjoyed following me around.  Driveway is all cleared and ready for helpers tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment