 |
| Linda putting together our drink bags |
Well, 6am and I am on the couch heating my knee. Buddy, Cindy and Linda are coming out this morning and we are going to bag kibble, gloves, meals, and drinks for the trail.
Update:
Well, we got so much done. I would like to thank Buddy, Cindy and Linda so much for helping. We bagged all the kibble that we had. (Figures, we got a delivery later that evening.) I have 40 bags yet to fill.
Zip lock bags were notched, socks were matched and bagged, gloves were matched and bagged. Banana chips were bagged. Far more than I could have ever gotten done in a day. It was also fun just being together.
Amber was right in the mix of things when the kibble was being bagged. She scarfed up any kibble that fell to the ground.
 |
| Amber checking things out |
 |
| A little closer |
 |
| Amber thinking that she can sneak in from behind... |
 |
Kibble bagged for the race...ready to put into the drop bag (still need to bag 40 more bags of kibble) |
With the temperatures rising and the risk of all the meat thawing, the decision was made that I would rush a car full of meat to Mat Valley Meats in Wasilla. I had just enough time to get there before closing to unload my meat into their freezer conex. The plan is that I will take a load into town in the morning after my physical therapy appointment.
 |
| Snack Bags ready for the trail |
Note to Amy Young, Georgia: Bob returned from the post office today and brought in your two boxes of snack bags for the trail. Thank you
So Much Amy. They are wonderful and we will enjoy them on the trail and think of you. I really appreciate the time and effort and expense that you gave to us to support us on the trail. Bob and I both send our thanks. I also noticed that some of them have messages written. That will be fun for on the trail...I am going to put the ones with messages into checkpoints where we may encounter the toughest conditions.
 |
Close up of a snack bag. These were put together by Amy. We added a peanut butter sandwich to them and a hand sanitizer. This snack bag has a message from Amy for me to read along the trail. So very cool ! |
Best of luck to you and your paws Jan...I am 44 and just getting started....will be watching you closely for pointers ! ENJOY THE RIDE!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ari, You are starting a bit younger than I did...which is a good thing! Where do you live? Jan
ReplyDeleteeven though i dont now linda tell her thank you for baging the food and all the other people how helped. i hered about your axadedt so me my mom, sister, and i are wishing you make it. When me and the class at cherry vally went to the iditoroed web sight and we saw that you got more money then Bob we were shocked well i was. i hope you run!!!!!!
ReplyDelete-gracie
Hi Gracie, I will tell everyone that you send them a "thank you for helping us"! My knee is doing really well. Thank you for wishing me well. As far as me getting more money than Bob...I think that you must be talking about the Iditarider auction. My sled did go for more than Bob's, but we don't get that money...lol...I wish. The money goes to the Iditarod. I don't know who my Iditarider is yet and I am anxious to know. I will be running.
ReplyDelete