Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

First Choice Physical Therapy

Had a great sesson with Jeff at First Choice Physical Therapy. Things are really looking good. I am so optimistic. I am still not back on a sled, but I have more exercises added to my list. I am really glad that I ended up at First Choice...I am getting excellent care and special attention because of my musher status. I had the most exciting surprise today in session. Deanna came in with a check to sponsor my team for iditarod. I was elated as it comes at a time when everything is hitting us.

I would like to thank you Jeff and Deana LePage so very much for sponsoring me today.   It means so much.  We couldn't make it to Nome without the support of our sponsors. 

After physical therapy, I off loaded my car of frozen cases of meat. Then back home to pick up 9 bags of cut up meat. They were put into freezers at home to freeze "rock hard". I am hoping that later today I will be able to bag them up into gallon ziploc bags, for dog snacks along the trail.

I also hope to get all of our musher food bags for each checkpoint done. If I get this done soon enough, I will run them into Wasilla. If not, I will run them in Monday morning. Can you tell that when drop bags are done and delivered to Anchorage there will be a HUGE celebration? It is a HUGE relief to have that all behind us.

While I have been writing this blog entry, I have iced my knee and then heated my knee. Now I will put on my layers and head out to sort through the people food that we have been preparing since November.  I will bag up meals for each checkpoint and have them ready to put into our drop bags.

2 comments: