Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Day...Back in Alaska

Well, I sure learned a lesson...when you leave Alaska in the winter and it is mild out (5 degrees) and you have traveled lightly...no long johns, regular street clothes, no hat, thin trouser socks...beware. At the time I didn't even think that it would be - 33 when I returned. At the time I don't think that I thought about anything...except getting to Seattle as soon as I could.

Thank goodness it is usually warmer in Anchorage. As I walked to my car in the long term parking lot I worried if my car would start. By the time I got to it, I couldn't feel my fingers. Thankfully my car started. Whew !

On the drive home, I stopped at Fred Meyer and 3 Bears. I had to chuckle as I placed 15 boxes of "UnCrustables" (individually wrapped frozen peanut butter and Jam sandwiches). Right now my Subaru is a mobile freezer. I just left all the bags of frozen food in the back of the car. I knew that they would have to stay outside as we just have the refrigerator freezer for our frozen foods.

My trip home was a whirl wind...and I had hoped to have the time to think and find items that would come in handy here. I did find one of my small headlamps and I brought back a bolt of fleece. We how have enough fleece to sew leggings for the dogs, face warmers for us, some wrist warmers for us, and we can line some dog coats and have left over for dog blankets.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year. Bob and Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment